Cutting edge risk management for hi-tech businesses
General Southwest specializes in insurance for technology companies in the Phoenix metro area and throughout Arizona.
The technology sector encompasses an ever-expanding variety of businesses, from IT providers to medical equipment manufacturers to communications providers, and more. Because no two tech companies are the same, the insurance needs in this sector are as complex as the products and services you provide.
You may rely on expensive, specialized equipment; perhaps you deal with sensitive personal data; and you probably depend on highly-trained employees to keep your competitive edge. The advisors at General Southwest understand these risks, and can advise you on which insurance products—and how much coverage—you need.
Here are a few specific types of insurance tech companies might need:
- Property Insurance: Protects your building, furnishings and other physical assets form things like fire, natural disasters and theft.
- Business Interruption Insurance: Can be added to property insurance; compensates your business if it can’t operate due to certain defined circumstances.
- General Liability Insurance: Covers claims of bodily injury or property damages resulting from accidents on your premises or from your products and operations.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance: (E&O coverage, aka Professional Liability) Protects you if one of your clients or customers alleges that your advice (or lack of) caused them financial, emotional, or physical harm.
- Cyber Liability Insurance: Most general liability insurance policies specifically exclude cyber incidents. You’ll want a separate policy designed to cover data breaches, hacking, and other cyber risks that could affect you or your clients.
- Inland marine insurance: protection for equipment that is being transported or in temporary storage by a third party.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Coverage for employees who become injured on the job.
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage: protects you if an employee steals money, equipment, or other assets from one of your clients.
- Business Owner’s Policy (BOP): Packages property and liability insurance; can often be customized for your specific needs.
Your General Southwest advisor will take the time understand the risks your company faces, so you can get the insurance protection you need to keep your business on the cutting edge.
To request a consultation, fill out the box on this page.