No matter what you build, we have you covered
General Southwest specializes in insurance for construction-sector companies in the Phoenix metro area and throughout Arizona. Construction businesses have complex insurance needs. Chances are you have an office space, but you do most of your work off-site. You may have one or more company vehicles along with a large collection of tools and other equipment. You also face liability exposures from both employees and clients. If you have gaps in your insurance coverage, your entire business could crumble.
Construction-sector companies face many hazards, from employee injuries, to job-site theft, to post-construction liability, to name just a few. The advisors at General Southwest understand these risks, and can advise you on what types of insurance—and how much coverage—you need.
Here are a few specific types of insurance you might need:
- General contractor liability insurance: protects against claims of property damage and bodily injury. Also covers legal defense and pays claims or judgments within your policy limits.
- Builders risk insurance: (Also known as Course of Construction) this protects your project itself and most other things on the job-site if the structure is damaged or destroyed.
- Workers compensation: Required by most states to cover on-the-job injuries.
- Property insurance: Covers your materials and structures you are working on.
- Equipment breakdown insurance: Assists with repair costs and the expense of temporary rentals.
- Commercial vehicle insurance: covers company-owned vehicles, including specialized equipment, like bulldozers.
- Inland marine insurance: protection for equipment (tools, machines, materials, etc.) while they are being transported or in temporary storage by a third party.
If you‘re in a construction-related industry, you can count on your General Southwest advisor. We’ll take the time to understand your company’s risks so you can get the insurance protection you need to keep building your business.
To request a consultation, fill out the box on this page.